Easy Recipes that Kids Will Eat. Right?? | Unfiltered Mom
Easy Recipes that Kids Will Eat. Right??
Okay, so who really wants to cook over the summer? Moms should get a sabbatical from this job and get money from the government so we could order food in or go out over the summer. Don’t we cook enough?
My talent does not lie in the kitchen. I have no idea what room it lies in -I am still finding out. My Mom used to say hers lied in the bedroom. Poke my ears out!!
So, I come upon this website with all these recipes and decide to try one. It is Crispy Ranch Chicken. As you look at the ingredients below, who wouldn’t like crackers and ranch dressing? And it looked so easy to make.
So, I slave in the kitchen and there is stuff everywhere. The Parmesan cheese had gotten away from me and is all over the floor. Do you know how hard getting cheese off the floor is? Especially when you add water!
I call my family to sit down at the table. Like most dinner times, it does not go well for me. My husband, Casey, and Christian sit down and look at their plate. Then the questions start – “What is this?- “What is on the chicken?”
I tell them what is on the chicken. I feel like I am being interrogated by the FBI. Only they don’t know who they have pissed off. I say to all of them ” Who the hell doesn’t like ranch dressing and Parmesan cheese?” My youngest, Christian, who has brass balls says, “We just don’t like them together“.
I look at them, as the 3 of them have fear in their eyes, and reply,” Enjoy this while you can. This will be the last meal I make. I have stacked the freezer with Hungry Man frozen dinners”. Bon Appetite!!!
Now, I can just sit and drink my margarita. Happy Summer!!!
3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers (or similar type)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the crackers, Parmesan cheese and salad dressing mix.
2. Dip chicken in the melted butter, then roll in cracker mixture being sure to coat well.
3. Place in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Sad that Summer is Over?… Momma’s Having A Dance Party! | Guest Post by Unfiltered Mom - August 12, 2015
- Why I Hate Pap Smears | Guest Post by Unfiltered Mom - July 29, 2015
- Easy Recipes that Kids Will Eat. Right??| Unfiltered Mom - July 22, 2015