Baking Shortcuts | Slacker Mom’s Guide to Baking | MomCave
For the love of all that is holy, WHY is baking a staple of the already chaotic, labor-intensive holiday season? Can’t a mama get a break?
We asked some of our friends on the “internets” for their favorite tips. Read what they had to say below and then WATCH the hilarious video we made on a fun girl’s weekend away!
- Baking is actually one of the few things I don’t slack off on too much, as I try to make everything from scratch. What I will say though is, don’t sweat it if you are not creative. There’s no shame in just following the recipe you found online or on the back of a bag of chocolate chips. The way I see it, someone else took the time to get it right. Reap the rewards for their effort! Gail Hoffer-Loibl, Maybe I’ll Shower Today
- My baking technique involves paying someone else to bake for me. AKA the local bakery. I’m only sort of kidding. What I actually tend to do is wait until the kids are asleep and do it myself, so that it’s not as messy, and also so that I don’t have to share licking the bowl, hahaha. Glynis Ratcliff, The Joy of Cooking for Little Assholes
Baking Shortcuts from SLACKER MOM
Missed the other episodes of Slacker Mom? Catch Slacker Mom’s Guide to Holiday Gifts and Slacker Mom’s Guide to Halloween. We had a great time shooting this episode. And yes, we ate all of the treats immediately after. This episode was made possible by a grant from the town of Dover, VT. We spent a weekend (sans husband and kids!) shooting a bunch of Slacker Moms. Here are some Behind the Scenes stills from our shoot in Dover, Vermont:
- Sample the Sweetness of Parenthood with These Freebies for Expecting Moms - August 3, 2023
- Summer Survival for Moms: Hilarious Moments with Meredith Masony - July 31, 2023
- How To Use Stress To Improve Your Life - July 13, 2023