New Year’s Resolutions for Moms | MomCaveTV.com
As if endless to-do lists aren’t enough, we somehow feel compelled to make New Year’s Resolutions. As we ring in the New Year, here’s a list of New Year’s resolutions only MOMS make!
New Year’s Resolutions for MOMS
- Bathe at least half as often as my kids do.
- Make myself a real meal instead of just eating my kids’ chewed on leftovers
- This year, I promise to actually read a book to my son before he goes to bed rather than just giving him the iPad and go to town into 11pm at night.
- This year, I will make real, healthy lunches for my son to take to school because I am starting to get embarrassed when he brings the Lunchables. Can’t have his teachers thinking I’m lazy.
- This year, I will make an effort to schedule at least one play-date to meet my once a year play-date quota as a leader of a play-date.
- This year, I will follow through on my punishments and not give in in order to avoid a full-on melt-down (except in public, and when I’m extremely tired).
- I resolve to limit my daily starbucks intake to 2 ventis.
- I resolve to read my own books at night and not just Dr. Seuss.
- This year I will release the need to keep my house spotless! And when my family members complain the floors are dirty, I’m just going to hand them the mop and say “Do it your friggin’ self!” Especially my husband!
- I resolve to drink more wine! It makes listening to the whining from the kids some much easier!
- I resolve to not give a shit about school fundraisers! I don’t need any more candles, candy or wrapping paper! They will just get a check, and only if I’m in a good mood, which is rare!
- I resolve not to resolve anything because I don’t have the resolve to keep the resolution.
[bctt tweet=”I resolve not to resolve anything because I don’t have the resolve to keep the resolution.” username=”MomCaveTV”]
- I resolve to get all the soggy goldfish crackers out of the bottom of my purse, once and for all.
- I’m going to become a certified yoga instructor in the spring. Starting Jan 1st, my goal is to do yoga once a week with the kids I’m hoping to set the example that healthy is beautiful no matter what size or shape you are.
- I’ll keep up with the laundry.
- Put on makeup for school drop off.
- I’m joining the one word resolution bandwagon and in 2016, my word is going to be, “write”
- Shower more than twice a week!
- Patience. To acquire patience.
- Declutter all of the toys & clothes they’ve accumulated this past year!
Jennifer Weedon Palazzo is the creator/writer/and producer of Mom Cave TV, an online network of comedy shows for moms including Slummy Mummy, Double Leche, Blabbermom, and MomCave LIVE. She's a working actress in NYC who has appeared in films, commercials, and some very off-off Broadway plays. When she’s not writing about the funny side of being a mom (for blogs like Scary Mommy and Mamalode) Jennifer can be found eating Reese’s Cups while furiously bidding on vintage clothing on eBay. She lives with her husband, Evan, bandleader of The Hot Sardines and two spirited children.
Latest posts by Jen (see all)
- Giveaway: Potter-Inspired Comedy Now Has Family-Friendly Matinees - August 13, 2017
- When a Mom is “Alone” with her Thoughts - August 7, 2017
- A Married Mom’s Message to Single Moms | Being a Single Mom is Hard - July 24, 2017